background

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

(not exactly a Dollar post)

Have I mentioned how much I like memes? I am especially thankful on this first day of text for "Thankful Thursdays." I am, above all and everyday, grateful to God for the love, compassion, grace, and forgiveness I require and receive each day that will mightily provide content to me every Thursday.

Today, I am grateful to my mother for being so much fun to be around. I had a wonderful day with her picking out Coralie's Halloween costume, eating lunch, and just generally enjoying each other's company. My gratitude cup is overflowing as I remember the remarkable patience she has to display with me - her most irritating child. (She called 14 times in a row because I had fallen asleep away from my phone.) And I would be remiss if I did not mention how thankful and blessed I feel that she is such an amazing grandmother to my children. She has, with very minimal help from my brother and me, put together a really elaborate and cool looking homemade robot costume just because Michael saw it in a book and wanted it for Halloween. And it is a pleasure to watch my mama and Coralie interact with each other. They were a hoot at lunch today! :) P.S. Did I mention she did all of this and make me pumpkin bread? I love my mommy!

So, while I am appreciative of the many wonderful people and blessings in my life, today - this one's for Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment